ESA PR 28-2009. The second satellite in ESA’s Earth Explorer series – the Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity (SMOS) mission – and the second demonstration satellite under ESA’s Project for Onboard Autonomy (Proba-2) were launched into orbit last night from northern Russia.
- Soil moisture and ocean salinity satellite ready for launchThu, 29 Oct 2009, 10:16:20 EDT
- SMOS satellite successfully launchedMon, 2 Nov 2009, 11:09:47 EST
- Follow the launch of ESA's SMOS and Proba-2 satellitesWed, 28 Oct 2009, 10:57:35 EDT
- SMOS satellite instrument comes aliveThu, 19 Nov 2009, 11:08:25 EST
- First student-developed mission in which satellites orbit and communicate led by UT students Thu, 24 Mar 2011, 13:04:25 EDT