A new global portrait taken from space details Earth’s land cover with a resolution never before obtained. ESA, in partnership with the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation, presented the preliminary version of the map to scientists last week at the 2nd GlobCover User Consultation workshop held in Rome, Italy.
- First global portrait of greenhouse gases emerges from pole-to-pole flightsWed, 7 Sep 2011, 16:33:31 EDT
- Satellites provide up-to-date information on snow coverFri, 12 Nov 2010, 11:16:04 EST
- First-of-its-kind fluorescence map offers a new view of the world's land plantsMon, 6 Jun 2011, 19:34:14 EDT
- Green is cool, but US land changes generally are notMon, 2 Nov 2009, 14:57:47 EST
- Study estimates land available for biofuel cropsMon, 10 Jan 2011, 13:33:01 EST