Tuesday, July 6, 2010 - 19:42 in Physics & Chemistry
As millions of Americans on the East coast swelter in a dangerous heat wave, can the supply of the power keep up with the demand? Jeff Glor reports.
- Heat wave deaths highest in early summerTue, 30 Nov 2010, 12:05:15 EST
- Projected California warming promises cycle of more heat waves, energy use for next centuryThu, 10 Jul 2008, 13:14:40 EDT
- Climate change analysis predicts increased fatalities from heat wavesTue, 3 May 2011, 10:33:20 EDT
- Intelligent use of the Earth's heatFri, 27 Feb 2009, 9:28:48 EST
- Increased destruction of bird populations are predicted with rise in global temperaturesThu, 5 Aug 2010, 13:37:24 EDT