Wednesday, September 3, 2008 - 16:07 in Earth & Climate
A small patch of warm, deep water known as the Loop Current may be the difference in determining whether Gustav becomes a monster storm, reminiscent of Katrina.
- MMS study probes mystery of loop current in eastern Gulf of MexicoWed, 6 Jan 2010, 12:33:14 EST
- 'Storm of the century' may become 'storm of the decade'Fri, 24 Feb 2012, 21:32:04 EST
- Katrina and Rita provide glimpse of what could happen to offshore drilling if Gustav hits GulfFri, 29 Aug 2008, 13:35:43 EDT
- NASA infrared imagery shows well-defined eye in Category 5 CeliaFri, 25 Jun 2010, 16:46:03 EDT
- Warming of planet will affect storms differently in Northern and Southern hemispheresMon, 25 Oct 2010, 15:52:01 EDT