Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 16:00 in Earth & Climate
Canadian director James Cameron begins his descent to the deepest known point in any of the world's oceans — the Challenger Deep in the Pacific Ocean southwest of Guam.
- Seismic survey at the Mariana trench will follow water dragged down into the Earth's mantleThu, 22 Mar 2012, 15:36:10 EDT
- Homebuilding beyond the abyssThu, 11 Feb 2010, 9:42:31 EST
- Busy microbial world discovered in deepest ocean crust ever exploredFri, 19 Nov 2010, 14:41:32 EST
- British scientific expedition discovers world's deepest known undersea volcanic ventsSun, 11 Apr 2010, 19:21:37 EDT
- An oxygen-poor 'boring' ocean challenged evolution of early lifeMon, 18 Mar 2013, 16:36:04 EDT