Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 08:00 in Astronomy & Space
European, Asian and African viewers were treated to an hour-long total lunar eclipse Wednesday, with ash in the atmosphere from a Chilean volcano turning the moon's image blood red from some vantage points.
- Moon magic: Researchers develop new tool to visualize past, future lunar eclipsesMon, 8 Jun 2009, 13:35:39 EDT
- A total lunar eclipse and winter solstice coincide on Dec. 21Fri, 17 Dec 2010, 16:32:55 EST
- NASA's LRO takes extreme close-up of eclipseTue, 14 Jun 2011, 9:32:45 EDT
- Scientists capitalize on extended solar eclipseWed, 22 Jul 2009, 9:28:43 EDT
- Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's LAMP spectrometer detects helium in moon's atmosphereWed, 15 Aug 2012, 15:35:04 EDT