Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 15:28 in Biology & Nature
Scientists on Wednesday revealed they had unravelled much of the genetic code of a woolly mammoth, in what could be the first baby step in bringing the extinct creature, or at least characteristics of it, back to life.
- Scientists sequence woolly-mammoth genomeWed, 19 Nov 2008, 13:38:00 EST
- Mobile DNA elements in woolly mammoth genome give new clues to mammalian evolutionMon, 8 Jun 2009, 17:44:15 EDT
- Woolly mammoth's secrets for shrugging off cold points toward new artificial blood for humansWed, 14 Sep 2011, 13:38:35 EDT
- Woolly-mammoth gene study changes extinction theoryWed, 11 Jun 2008, 17:09:17 EDT
- Extinction of woolly mammoths may have been due to addition of a predator: HumansFri, 2 Jul 2010, 9:23:43 EDT