The Westbank First Nation is planning to build a $120-million private hospital on its reserve in the Okanagan. Doctors at the 100-bed facility would perform a wide variety of medical procedures, including heart surgery, but would not provide emergency services.
- Study confirms prostate cancer is treated differently at county vs. private hospitalsMon, 25 Jan 2010, 0:29:50 EST
- Pediatric field hospital in Haiti provides lessons in disaster planning and responseSun, 3 Oct 2010, 7:02:46 EDT
- Study of hospital relocation provides insights to aid in disaster planningMon, 21 Sep 2009, 17:25:15 EDT
- Medicaid patients 5.5 times more likely to get cataract surgery than VA patients, study findsThu, 18 Mar 2010, 11:37:14 EDT
- Integrating private insurance with public health would improve US health care -- studyWed, 27 Jan 2010, 13:11:19 EST