Keep it simple: that's the new advice for people who are trying to shed a few pounds. Researchers in the U.S. who compared four popular diets with varying amounts of protein, fats and carbohydrates concluded it's the amount of calories consumed that matters.
- Diets that reduce calories lead to weight loss, regardless of carbohydrate, protein or fat contentWed, 25 Feb 2009, 17:22:19 EST
- NEJM: Low-fat diets not best for weight loss: New study by Ben-Gurion U. of the NegevWed, 16 Jul 2008, 17:28:26 EDT
- Moderately reduced carbohydrate diet keeps people feeling full longerThu, 11 Jun 2009, 14:12:47 EDT
- Heart-healthy, low-cal diets promote weight loss regardless of fat, protein and carb contentWed, 25 Feb 2009, 17:22:15 EST
- Plant-based, low-carb diet may promote weight loss and improve cholesterol levelsMon, 8 Jun 2009, 16:58:21 EDT