Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 20:49 in Health & Medicine
A new Health Canada report warns Canadians of the potential health risks of climate change, including spikes in heat-related deaths, an increase in respiratory and cardiovascular problems, and the spread and emergence of diseases.
- Climate change analysis predicts increased fatalities from heat wavesTue, 3 May 2011, 10:33:20 EDT
- Major impacts of climate change expected on mental healthThu, 3 Dec 2009, 9:32:13 EST
- As climate, disease links become clearer, study highlights need to forecast future shiftsThu, 1 Aug 2013, 16:06:31 EDT
- Global warning: Hotter days, increased hospitalizations for respiratory problemsFri, 20 Feb 2009, 9:09:46 EST
- Forest mortality and climate change: The big pictureSun, 9 Sep 2012, 16:03:11 EDT