New research indicates that domestic horses originated in the steppes of modern-day Ukraine, southwest Russia and west Kazakhstan, mixing with local wild stocks as they spread throughout Europe and Asia. The research was published today, 07 May, in the journal PNAS.
- Mystery of the domestication of the horse solvedMon, 7 May 2012, 23:32:55 EDT
- Wild Iberian horses contributed to the origin of the current Iberian domestic stockThu, 7 Jan 2010, 12:28:44 EST
- Archaeologists find earliest known domestic horsesThu, 5 Mar 2009, 14:33:02 EST
- Evidence of earliest known domestic horses found in KazakhstanFri, 6 Mar 2009, 11:27:14 EST
- Genome sequence for the domestic horse to be unveiledThu, 5 Nov 2009, 15:22:05 EST