Fibroid uterine tumors affect an estimated 15 million women in the United States, causing irregular bleeding, anemia, pain and infertility. Despite the high prevalence of the tumors, which occur in 60 percent of women by age 45, the molecular cause has been unknown.
- A single stem cell mutation triggers fibroid tumorsSun, 6 May 2012, 19:01:21 EDT
- Breakthrough in genetics of fibroidsThu, 25 Aug 2011, 20:35:18 EDT
- Interventional radiology treatment for uterine fibroids: Safe, nonsurgical optionThu, 13 Aug 2009, 17:43:34 EDT
- Fibroids cause women's lower urinary tract problems: uterine fibroid embolization helpsTue, 29 Mar 2011, 9:04:43 EDT
- Rock-a-bye baby: Uterine fibroid embolization shows fertility rates comparable to myomectomyMon, 15 Mar 2010, 11:15:30 EDT