University of Alberta researchers have identified a key regulator that controls the speed of development in the fruit fly. When the researchers blocked the function of this regulator, animals sped up their rate of development and reached maturity much faster than normal.
- Caltech researchers identify genes and brain centers that regulate meal size in fliesThu, 20 May 2010, 13:13:42 EDT
- Fruit fly avoidance mechanism could lead to new ways to control pain in humansSun, 11 May 2008, 14:21:20 EDT
- Genetics work could lead to advances in fertility for womenFri, 22 Oct 2010, 12:34:55 EDT
- Learning the alphabet of gene controlThu, 17 Jan 2013, 21:02:31 EST
- Researchers identify a process that regulates seed germinationWed, 11 Mar 2009, 18:23:38 EDT