As guest speaker at the European Society of Cardiology's Congress currently under way in Paris, Dr. Jean-Claude Tardif, Director of the Montreal Heart Institute's Research Centre and professor of medicine at the Université de Montréal, today presented the results of an analysis demonstrating that ivabradine, a medication used to reduce heart rate, also reduces heart volume (left ventricle) among patients with cardiac insufficiency.
- Discovery in cardiology: A medication reduces heart volumeTue, 30 Aug 2011, 10:36:16 EDT
- A heart-rate-reducing medication reduces the risk of heart failure and cardiac fibrosisThu, 28 Jul 2011, 14:47:08 EDT
- Patients at high risk of recurrences of heart disease: Breakthrough in preventionThu, 20 May 2010, 15:35:58 EDT
- EMPHASIS HF: Study shows epleronone to reduce atrial fibrillationSun, 22 May 2011, 13:04:56 EDT
- Stuy in NEJM: New therapy prevents heart failureTue, 1 Sep 2009, 12:43:39 EDT