For the first time, scientists have sequenced the entire genome of the pea aphid, a notorious horticultural and agricultural pest. The findings reveal the extent of the genetic collaboration of the aphid host with its bacterial symbiont, which may account for some of the extraordinary characteristics of this insect.
- Breaking the aphid's codeTue, 23 Feb 2010, 14:34:59 EST
- Unique adaptations to a symbiotic lifestyle reveal novel targets for aphid insecticidesWed, 18 Apr 2012, 16:38:13 EDT
- Successful genome sequencing of pea aphid is a breakthrough for ecology and agricultural researchTue, 23 Feb 2010, 10:58:32 EST
- Aphid's genome generates exciting questionsMon, 22 Feb 2010, 23:36:14 EST
- Aphid's genome reflects its reproductive, symbiotic lifestyleMon, 22 Feb 2010, 23:36:12 EST