Monday, February 22, 2010 - 20:21 in Health & Medicine
MADISON — Genetic interactions between avian H5N1 influenza and human seasonal influenza viruses have the potential to create hybrid strains combining the virulence of bird flu with the pandemic ability of H1N1, according to a new study.
- Virus hybridization could create pandemic bird fluMon, 22 Feb 2010, 15:39:24 EST
- Scientists identify lab-made proteins that neutralize multiple strains of seasonal and pandemic fluSun, 22 Feb 2009, 13:29:39 EST
- When well-known flu strains 'hook up' dangerous progeny can resultWed, 13 Jul 2011, 14:34:19 EDT
- Of swine, birds and men -- pandemic H1N1 fluMon, 1 Feb 2010, 14:57:14 EST
- Scientists identify human monoclonal antibodies effective against bird, seasonal flu virusesSun, 22 Feb 2009, 13:29:20 EST