Chimpanzees in the Congo have developed specialized "tool kits" to forage for army ants, reveals new research published Sept. 3 in the American Journal of Primatology. This not only provides the first direct evidence of multiple tool use in this context, but suggests that chimpanzees have developed a sustainable way of harvesting food.
- Chimpanzees develop specialized tool kits to catch army antsFri, 4 Sep 2009, 17:50:34 EDT
- Chimpanzees develop 'specialized tool kits' to catch army antsWed, 2 Sep 2009, 20:51:17 EDT
- Mans' closest relationship under strain? New research reveals why chimpanzees attack humansWed, 11 Aug 2010, 10:30:35 EDT
- Nearby chimpanzee populations show much greater genetic diversity than distant human populationsFri, 2 Mar 2012, 12:36:12 EST
- New evidence of culture in wild chimpanzeesThu, 22 Oct 2009, 13:19:36 EDT