Researchers funded by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) have gained a key insight into a disease that is devastating the UK's fish farming industry. The researchers have discovered that fish can harbour and spread proliferative kidney disease (PKD), a cause of major stock losses on fish farms, as well as being affected by the infection.
- Insight into fish disease to help protect farmed fish stocksThu, 23 Apr 2009, 19:30:06 EDT
- Ocean fish farming harms wild fish, study saysMon, 15 Dec 2008, 12:08:43 EST
- Risks involved with transgenic fishMon, 31 Aug 2009, 10:26:44 EDT
- Some like it hot -- European fish stocks changing with warming seasThu, 15 Sep 2011, 14:38:55 EDT
- Progress on vaccine for 'Ich,' bane of fish farms and home aquarium hobbyistsWed, 15 Sep 2010, 13:29:46 EDT