Satellite data and other research reveal that huge tracts of abandoned tropical forests that were once logged or farmed are regrowing, prompting a contentious debate among world scientists convening at the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History Jan. 12.
- Ancient popcorn discovered in PeruWed, 18 Jan 2012, 17:39:59 EST
- Diversity of trees in Ecuador's Amazon rainforest defies simple explanationThu, 23 Oct 2008, 16:22:36 EDT
- Saving tropical forests: Value their carbon and improve farming technologyMon, 4 Oct 2010, 15:34:46 EDT
- The drivers of tropical deforestation are changing, say scientistsTue, 5 Aug 2008, 18:07:50 EDT
- Old-growth rainforests must be saved for tropical biodiversityWed, 14 Sep 2011, 22:33:20 EDT