Scientists announced today the discovery of reef structures they believe doubles the size of the Southern Atlantic Ocean's largest and richest reef system, the Abrolhos Bank, off the southern coast of Brazil's Bahia state. The newly discovered area is also far more abundant in marine life than the previously known Abrolhos reef system, one of the world's most unique and important reefs.
- Scientists discover new reefs teeming with marine life in BrazilTue, 8 Jul 2008, 17:14:50 EDT
- Coral reef thriving in sediment-laden waters Tue, 31 Jul 2012, 21:02:15 EDT
- 'Chum cam' underwater video survey shows that reef sharks thrive in marine reserves Thu, 8 Mar 2012, 20:33:56 EST
- Urgent action on international coral reef crisisMon, 10 Nov 2008, 12:24:42 EST
- Extinction predictor 'will help protect coral reefs'Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 10:02:30 EST