Having found that whether bacteria stick to surfaces depends partly on how stiff those surfaces are, MIT engineers have created ultrathin films made of polymers that could be applied to medical devices and other surfaces to control microbe accumulation.
- MIT crafts bacteria-resistant filmsThu, 15 May 2008, 17:49:25 EDT
- Sugar on bacteria surface serves as base for a web of resistanceTue, 21 Apr 2009, 12:50:19 EDT
- Radically simple technique developed to grow conducting polymer thin filmsTue, 2 Nov 2010, 9:03:11 EDT
- UCLA study shows bacteria use Batman-like grappling hooks to 'slingshot' on surfacesMon, 18 Jul 2011, 18:33:29 EDT
- NC State engineers discover nanoparticles can break on throughTue, 16 Sep 2008, 17:08:26 EDT