Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 16:41 in Earth & Climate
The planet's biggest volcanoes do not need nearly as long to develop before eruption as previously thought, US research suggests.
- Yellowstone 'super-eruption' less super, more frequent than thoughtMon, 30 Apr 2012, 15:35:00 EDT
- Pre-eruption earthquakes offer clues to volcano forecastersWed, 16 Dec 2009, 19:08:11 EST
- 'Rosetta Stone' of supervolcanoes discovered in Italian AlpsMon, 21 Sep 2009, 10:09:26 EDT
- Undersea volcano gave off signals before eruption in 2011 Sun, 10 Jun 2012, 16:31:57 EDT
- Strongest evidence to date shows link between exploration well and Lusi mud volcanoThu, 11 Feb 2010, 20:29:30 EST