Friday, April 27, 2012 - 03:02 in Earth & Climate
Previous earthquakes that rivalled the March 2011 Tohoku tremor in size may be recorded in sediment samples just recovered from the seafloor off Japan.
- Scientists study earthquake triggers in Pacific OceanThu, 30 Jun 2011, 9:35:45 EDT
- Scientists underestimated potential for Tohoku quake. Now what?Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 15:05:38 EST
- Sediment yields climate record for past half-million yearsMon, 15 Jun 2009, 18:14:26 EDT
- Lake-effect theory sinks, but quake timing questions go onThu, 10 Feb 2011, 12:34:33 EST
- Unusual earthquake gave Japan tsunami extra punch, say Stanford scientistsTue, 24 May 2011, 10:33:34 EDT