Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 05:30 in Astronomy & Space
Felix Baumgartner, the adventurer planning to skydive from an altitude of 120,000 feet (36.7 km) this summer, has spoken about the prospect of reaching the speed of sound while falling.
- OSU students build and launch a sensor into spaceMon, 11 Aug 2008, 11:15:17 EDT
- Streaming sand grains help define essence of a liquidWed, 24 Jun 2009, 13:38:22 EDT
- Usain Bolt could break his own record with the help of altitude and the windThu, 2 Aug 2012, 11:09:49 EDT
- Like an arrow: Jumping insects use archery techniquesMon, 29 Sep 2008, 19:28:29 EDT
- Slight change in wind turbine speed significantly reduces bat mortalityMon, 1 Nov 2010, 11:03:12 EDT