Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 03:00 in Astronomy & Space
The University of Reading's Dr Len Shaffrey explains the research linking the shrinking of Arctic sea ice and colder, snowier winters across much of the northern hemisphere.
- Cold winters caused by warmer summers, research suggestsFri, 13 Jan 2012, 12:39:43 EST
- Cornell researchers warn that Arctic ice melt is setting stage for severe wintersWed, 6 Jun 2012, 18:33:52 EDT
- Arctic sea ice thinning at record rateTue, 28 Oct 2008, 13:28:22 EDT
- Unprecedented Arctic ozone loss occurred last winterMon, 3 Oct 2011, 11:36:15 EDT
- Warm water causes extra-cold winters in northeastern North America and northeastern Asia Wed, 30 Mar 2011, 13:35:42 EDT