Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 15:00 in Earth & Climate
An aluminium producer in Hungary is fined 472m euros ($646m) for a spillage of toxic sludge in the west of the country last October which killed 10 people.
- Can Hungary's red sludge be made less toxic with carbon?Wed, 13 Oct 2010, 11:09:24 EDT
- 'Red mud' disaster's main threat to crops is not toxic metalsWed, 2 Feb 2011, 9:04:46 EST
- Biodiesel from sewage sludge within pennies a gallon of being competitiveThu, 20 May 2010, 11:29:37 EDT
- First freshwater mosasaur discoveredWed, 19 Dec 2012, 23:33:15 EST
- Adding high doses of sludge to neutralize soil acidity not advisableThu, 8 Jan 2009, 12:30:37 EST