Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 14:00 in Astronomy & Space
The sun has produced its largest flare in four years, observers say, prompting warnings of potential interference with electrical power grids and communications on Earth.
- New method detects emerging sunspots deep inside the sun, provides warning of dangerous solar flaresFri, 19 Aug 2011, 15:33:02 EDT
- The mouse that roared: pipsqueak star unleashes monster flareMon, 19 May 2008, 12:07:15 EDT
- NASA sees active region on the sun emit another flareTue, 23 Oct 2012, 13:36:07 EDT
- Solar flares: What does it take to be X-class?Tue, 9 Aug 2011, 18:15:11 EDT
- 2012: Killer solar flares are a physical impossibilityFri, 11 Nov 2011, 17:33:07 EST