Monday, September 21, 2009 - 07:42 in Earth & Climate
Most of the world's major river deltas are sinking due to dams and the extraction of gas and groundwater, a study shows.
- World's river deltas sinking due to human activity, says new study led by CU-BoulderSun, 20 Sep 2009, 13:49:56 EDT
- Cuts to Mississippi levees could build new land in sinking deltaTue, 20 Oct 2009, 17:36:04 EDT
- A clearer picture of how rivers and deltas developTue, 25 Jan 2011, 10:04:42 EST
- River delta areas can provide clue to environmental changes, Texas A&M prof saysMon, 11 May 2009, 17:36:48 EDT
- Scientists find slow subsidence of Earth's crust beneath the Mississippi deltaMon, 2 Apr 2012, 15:34:38 EDT