NEW YORK (AP) -- One in five Medicare patients end up back in the hospital within a month of discharge, a large study found, and that practice costs billions of dollars a year. The findings suggest patients aren't told enough about how to take care of themselves and stay healthy before they go home, the researchers said. A few simple things - like making a doctor's appointment for departing patients - can help, they said....
- 20 percent of hospitalized Medicare patients readmitted to hospital within 30 daysWed, 1 Apr 2009, 17:39:20 EDT
- Study finds surprisingly high rate of patients readmitted to hospital within a monthWed, 1 Apr 2009, 17:39:18 EDT
- Not equal: Quality of care, cost for PAD sufferersTue, 3 Jan 2012, 15:33:30 EST
- Elderly patients who survive ICU stay have high rate of death in following yearsTue, 2 Mar 2010, 16:34:12 EST
- Most Medicare stroke patients rehospitalized or dead within yearThu, 16 Dec 2010, 17:36:57 EST