Monday, June 23, 2008 - 18:20 in Health & Medicine
ATLANTA (AP) -- The elderly fear breaking a hip when they fall, but a government study indicates that hitting their head can also have deadly consequences: Brain injuries account for half of all deaths from falls....
- For elderly, even short falls can be deadlyMon, 1 Nov 2010, 12:03:20 EDT
- Elderly can blame fractures and falls on low sodiumSat, 20 Nov 2010, 3:21:48 EST
- PTs say proper fit and use of walking aids can prevent fall-related injuries in elderlyFri, 10 Jul 2009, 14:50:52 EDT
- Hebrew SeniorLife Institute for Aging Research study links altered blood flow in the brainMon, 17 May 2010, 16:40:58 EDT
- Falling in old age linked to altered blood flow in brainMon, 17 May 2010, 16:41:15 EDT